Saturday, December 8, 2007

Life in Libby at MMT

So, I've been in Montana at the International Messengers Mountainside Missionary Training Center (MMT for short) for about 4 months now. Our time has come to an end here, & it is quite sad. I'm ready to move on (and not live in a house of 12), but will miss everyone horribly. I have definitely experienced a new culture out here on this side of the US; its amazing how different people & traditions are just living in the same country. It's absolutely gorgeous out here & the people are so welcoming, even though they all have camo on & gunracks in their trucks :)


Classes here have been very informational, and I really have grown a lot since being here. Everything from learning about the Bible, prayer, cross-cultural doctrine, to compromising & being patient in this large house. I am so glad I came here, even though I wavered on my decision for a bit; and am expecially glad I got to know my ministry partner, Laura Mishler, so well.


We leave on Wednesday, and I will roadtrip it out to California w/2 of my classmates & then will fly back home in mid-December for holidays with the family. After which, who knows? My plan is to leave for Radom, Poland in March for 18 months; though this is dependent upon raising my support. Laura & I have an apartment lined up - so we are extremely lucky for that (supposedly it is a nice one - woohoo! Oftentimes they are typical communist-block apartments). I plan to update this blog as my internship goes along, & please feel free to contact me to catch up or ask questions.

No comments: