"You can't do this? Are there mercies which you haven't experienced? Even though you are gloomy now, how can you forget that blessed hour when Jesus met you, and said, 'Come to me'? Can't you remember that rapturous moment when He snapped your fetters, dashed your chains to the earth and said, 'I came to break your bonds and set you free?' Or if you've forgotten the love you felt at your wedding, surely there must be some precious milestone along the road of life not quite grown over with moss on which you can read a happy memorial of His mercy toward you? Don't forget what your God has done for you; turn over the pages of your mind, and remember the days gone by. Go back, then, a little way to the choice mercies of yesterday, and though all may be dark now, light up the lamps of the past, they shall glitter through the darkness, and you shall trust the Lord until the day breaks and the shadows flee away."
-Charles Spurgeon
"Adoption is a family idea, conceived in terms of love, and viewing God as father. In adoption, God takes us into his family and fellowship - he establishes us as his children and heirs. Closeness, affection and generosity are at the heart of the relationship. To be right with God the judge is a great thing, but to be loved and cared for by God the Father is greater."
-J.I. Packer
"I once knew a good woman who was the subject of many doubts, and when I got to the bottom of her doubt, it was this: she knew she loved Christ, but she was afraid he did not love her. 'Oh!' I said, 'that is a double that will never trouble me; never, by any possibility, because I am sure of this, that the heart is so corrupt, naturally, that love to God never did get there without God putting it there.' You may rest quite certain, that if you love God, it is a fruit, and not a root. It is the fruit of God's love to you, and did not get there by any force of any goodness in you. You may conclude, with absolute certainty, that God loves you if you love God."
-Charles Spurgeon
-Charles Spurgeon
"Adoption is a family idea, conceived in terms of love, and viewing God as father. In adoption, God takes us into his family and fellowship - he establishes us as his children and heirs. Closeness, affection and generosity are at the heart of the relationship. To be right with God the judge is a great thing, but to be loved and cared for by God the Father is greater."
-J.I. Packer
"I once knew a good woman who was the subject of many doubts, and when I got to the bottom of her doubt, it was this: she knew she loved Christ, but she was afraid he did not love her. 'Oh!' I said, 'that is a double that will never trouble me; never, by any possibility, because I am sure of this, that the heart is so corrupt, naturally, that love to God never did get there without God putting it there.' You may rest quite certain, that if you love God, it is a fruit, and not a root. It is the fruit of God's love to you, and did not get there by any force of any goodness in you. You may conclude, with absolute certainty, that God loves you if you love God."
-Charles Spurgeon

No comments:
Post a Comment