Excerpt from "Promises from God for Women"
Christians need not fear the future, because they are people who live with hope in their hearts, people who are sure that God loves them, people who have guarantees for the way ahead. God sent Jesus to the world precisely because He wants to give His children hope and wants to assure them of His immutable love for them.
Your faith does not prevent storms from coming into your life. But God can guarantee you peace and calm in the midst of the storms of life.
If you belong to God, nothing and no one can ever separate you from His love. God holds you in His hands, and He will carry you when you are no longer able to walk. What's more, He will also help you to carry others and to share His love with them. You can feel God's hands around you in the hands of other believers reaching out to you. You can be God's hands by reaching out to others in their time of need.
"Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, "Here I am."" (Isaiah 58:9, KJV)
***********************************************************************************
I have spent my first Christmas away from "home" and I have to admit it was not as hard as I thought it would be. For two reasons I believe....I missed my friends & family as I would on any other day....but lately I have been to really be able to marinate on the fact that Jesus had a birthday....and that was what the celebration of Christmas is about. So though I still pine for my friends & family, it was no stronger a pang than any other weekday. The second reason I feel being away from home this holiday season wasn't as bad is because I had many people reach out to me. Reconnecting with old friends, spending time with new ones, phone calls & cards....it's the little things that are important & comforting to me in my "down" times. Thank you & I love you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment