*If a decision turns out to have a good result, thank everyone.
*Action is better than inaction; energy will slowly dissipate unless you are challenged.
*Create a noisy clash of ideas - it makes for a better decision in the end.
*People feed off of your courage/convictions/optimism.
*Facts are our friends - even though they may be brutal.
*Problems grow fangs, so don't ignore them.
"Everything is permissible for me" - but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me" - but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Cor 6:12)
*Are Jesus & I really interested in the same things?
*If we want our leadership to matter to God, we have to lead in things/areas that matter to God.
*When a task seems hopeless, re-center on God
-Give it back to Jesus & hands off!
*When the task is scary, remember Jesus came to make us brave, not safe.
*When the task is hard, we must choose not to be safe.
-Choose deep spiritual health
-Choose to pursue excellence
-Choose to seize the joy
"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child. But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 1:6-8)
*Moment-by-moment rely on God
*Spiritual Breathing
-Exhale the bad - confess
-Inhale the good - continually claim God's commands
"Breathe"
This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me
This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me
And I, I'm desperate for You
And I, I'm lost without You
I'm desperate for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment