
Home. What is home?
If "home is where the heart is" then my home is all over the world. It's not a place, but it's where the people I love are. So as pieces of my heart are scattered around the world, so is my home. I belong everywhere. I hope that my love sprinkles down on people that I come in contact with, as love is an action not a feeling. Perhaps in Heaven we are saturated & wade through Jesus' love. I can just imagine walking in Heaven & having rainbow puddles of God's love radiate from our steps. *bubble thought moment*
One of the definitions I found of the word home is "any place of residence or refuge." Which doesn't really narrow it down either. A place of refuge for me I would say is any place in nature. Luckily, nature is found everywhere....there is always beauty for those who seek it, and there is always SOMETHING to be thankful for. I am thankful my home is not limited to one place per se.
Another definition is "deep; to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home." So home is perhaps centered deep in my heart - and what lies there? I don't know. I know what I want to be centered there, & I know what I strive for. No matter how many times I falter or fall, I can stand up or crawl as the case may be, and recenter my heart. Only He knows what truly lies there...."Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139: 23, 24) "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to what his deeds deserve." (Jer 17:9, 10)
And then of course, there is the fact I am a stranger here on earth. "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had the opportunity to return. Instead they were longing for a better country - a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." (Hebrews 12:13-16) My home is not here...I am visiting for a time.
I wonder if you can be homesick for a place you haven't been to yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment