An article I enjoyed:
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/columns/deeper-walk/17135-emotional-quarantine-let-the-healing-begin
Points that made me laugh or ponder:
We become like the cowboys in the old westerns, keeping everyone at a distance, never letting any one person get too close, careful to terminate any relationship that threatens to stir up our old wounds.
Everything might be neat and tidy if we could simply tell people “I’m sorry, deep down I’m an emotionally wounded train wreck, and you’re getting threateningly close to my baggage compartment, so I need you to never speak to me again.”
After all, if a child has a cut on their hand, no parent can bandage the wound until the child shows it to them. Of course, God already “knows the secrets of the heart” (Psalm 44), wounds and all, but He is also not a God who forces us to come to Him, whether for healing, prayer, or simply to enjoy His presence.
No matter where we are on the path to healing and renewal, the Lord is happy to meet us there.
So maybe this week we can all pray the Lord would show us those areas of our hearts that have yet to be healed, however old or new the wounds may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ohhh I like this part... "No matter where we are on the path to healing and renewal, the Lord is happy to meet us there. "
L
:)
x
Post a Comment